1. Pucci dress. It’s perfect. I’ll wear it all winter. People will call me The Girl in the Pucci dress. I’ll never have to buy anything again, ever... Ooh. Look. A Louis Vuitton vanity case.
2. Louis Vuitton vanity case. I’ve always wanted one of these. Honestly, I have, you can ask my best friend Suze. And they’re actually very practical, because you can put everything in them. (If all your stuff doesn’t fit, you can always FedEx the rest.) OK. That’s enough lusting after the Louis Vuitton, Becky. Step away from the luggage… step away… Oh my God. I don’t believe it. Is that a Louis Vuitton trunk full of Christmas decorations?
3. Louis Vuitton Christmas trunk. I have to have this. I have to. It’s amazing. And we need new Christmas decorations, so it’s not even a luxury, really. That’s what I’ll tell Luke. He’ll understand. I just wish my initials were LV. Wouldn’t that be cool? Which gives me a brilliant new idea…
4. Set of special bespoke Louis Vuitton luggage in which 'LV' has been changed to 'BB', just for me. They could do that, couldn’t they? Maybe I could start a whole new trend.
5. Manolo Blahnik Velvet & Snake d'Orsay. This shoe is so fab, I don’t know where to begin. Velvet. Snake. Leopard print. A brooch! And it'll go with everything. Luke just looked over my shoulder and said ‘How many pairs of black shoes do you own already, Becky?’ which shows how little he knows about anything. They’re not black, they’re black leopard print. And I don't have a single pair of leopard print shoes. (Except those three pairs I never wear any more, so they don't count).
DVF kimono top for Christmas Day. I’ll be the perfect hostess in understated sequins. I’ll get one for Mum too, to stop her wearing that hideous ‘festive sweater’ with the fluffy musical snowmen.
7. A worldwide ‘festive sweater amnesty’. People could hand them in at their local police stations without recrimination or prosecution. It would be a service to mankind.
8. Tory Burch coin purse. I’ve been meaning to get my finances under control for a while, and the first step is definitely a gorgeous new purse.
9. I’m so in love with these Louboutins. And, Luke, if you’re reading, they’re totally different from those other shoes. The platform makes them very practical, actually. You could even wear them in the snow…
10. Perfect, white, snowy Christmas - to accessorize Louboutins.
Thank you Santa!
Love Becky xxx
This article originally appeared in the 2011 edition of M mall at millennia magazine.
SOPHIE KINSELLA is an internationally bestselling writer and former financial journalist. She is the author of the number-one best sellers Can You Keep a Secret?, The Undomestic Goddess, Remember Me? and Twenties Girl, as well as the hugely popular Shopaholic novels, the first of which is now a Hollywood movie Confessions of a Shopaholic. She lives in London with her husband and children. www.sophiekinsella.com