WHERE: 900 S. Wabash Ave
WHEN: December 7-9, Noon-6 p.m.
ABOUT ALL FOR 1 STUDIO
Nike’s Air Force 1 has always been synonymous with the city of Chicago. A city where hard work and dedication meets unapologetic style and charisma. In partnership with Girl Gaze, Nike is highlighting the untold stories of six Chicago-based creatives who are a manifestation of this mentality. Join Nike at the All For 1 Studio to celebrate these unsung heroes and the work they do for their community. With a donation of a gently used or new pair of athletic footwear, attendees will be able to unlock a special customization experience.
The Unsung Heroes selected for Chicago as part of this nationwide initiative include:
· Malcolm London, Poet, Activist, Educator, Musician. He runs the largest youth open mic in Chicago alongside his friend, Chance The Rapper.
· Zaya Sosho, Founder of Future Kingz. A Chicago dance crew recently featured on America’s Got Talent and has performed with Chance the Rapper on the Ellen Degeneres show.
· Sara Merabet, Head Buyer for RSVP. She is the only female on staff in a male-dominated industry.
· Rachel James, creative director and founder, Pear Nova, a nail polish line.
· Rob Valentino, Co-founder, Project Mayhem and best known for pioneering the dip-dyeing craze that has taken over the sneaker industry
· Natalia Ryshtakova, buyer at Notre. Natalia moved to the US from Belarus three years ago and has begun exploring her other passions as an artist in tattoo design and illustration.
UNSUNG HERO FEATURED SESSIONS
Join unsung heroes of Chicago for exclusive, one-day only elevated workshop sessions:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7
Make Your Own Color Session
All for 1: Rachel James
1 – 3 p.m.
Make your own nail polish color with Founder of @PEARNOVA Rachel James at the All for 1 Studio.
Future Kingz Dance Session
All for 1: Zaya Sosho
4:30 – 6 p.m.
Be a part of a community dance class with Chicago natives Zaya Sosho and The Future Kingz at the All for 1 Studio.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8
Women in Menswear Discussion
All for 1: Sara Merabet & Natallia Ryshtakova
Hear first-hand how Sara and Natallia continue to redefine the male dominated sportswear industry in Chicago and around the world through their unique sense of style at the All for 1 Studio.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9
All for 1: Rob Valentino
Join Rob Valentino and The Project Mayhem crew for a special customization experience at the All for 1 Studio.
All for 1: Malcolm London
An intimate poetry workshop with Malcolm London addressing what “All for 1” means to Chicago through art, music and action at the All for 1 Studio.